Dear Riley,
I’ve been thinking about you a lot. Since you were born I’ve turned into a maniac and sometimes I don’t know how I cope with all the worrying I do for you. I Love you. More than you can imagine. To help me not go so mad, I’m writing you these letters to let you know how I feel about you and to hopefully help you know and understand me a bit more.
Your Grandad John is a wonderful man. I’ll tell you more about him at a later date but sometimes I feel that I don’t quite “Know” him. I know basics, but sometimes I feel something is missing and I don’t know what it is and what to do about it.I do know that I want you to know me. All about me. Striving to survive, odd, flawed me. Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes but more importantly, my successes too because it’s my major success that led me to meet your mum.
Your mum, as you’ve probably gathered by now is an amazing woman who I sometimes feel unworthy of. Amazing, passionate, talented, spiritually strong, yet sometimes goofy, Amy Jensen Cook.
We both love you so much. You are a part of the proof of that. I hope that makes you feel good. It should. Whenever there is a doubt in your mind that you are feeling down, alone, unhappy, know that your existence is proof you are loved and that we loved you enough to bring you here. That’s one thing your Grandad John and Grandma Vivienne did for me. I never doubted it so you shouldn’t either.
Love you lots,
2 tons, 2 pieces and 2 bits. (That’s an awful lot, just ask Grandad John.)
Dad.


0 comments:
Post a Comment